Start Media Dictionary | Overview | Topics | Groups | Categories | Bookmark this page.
media dictionary - journalism encyclopedia  
Full text search :        
   A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   O   P   Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z   #   



a type of measuring instrument which calculates the thickness of paper

the thickness of paper

COMMENT: In the UK, paper was formerly measured in mils (1 mil=one thousandth of an inch), but it is now measured in microns (1 micron=one thousandth of a millimetre). Mils are still used in the USA.



Bookmark this page:


<< former term
next term >>
California job case


Other Terms : conferencing | charge-coupled device | feint
Home |  Add new article  |  Your List |  Tools |  Become an Editor |  Tell a Friend |  Links |  Awards |  Testimonials |  Press |  News |  About
Copyright ©2009 All rights reserved.  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy  |  Contact Us