Start Media Dictionary | Overview | Topics | Groups | Categories | Bookmark this page.
media dictionary - journalism encyclopedia  
Full text search :        
   A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   O   P   Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z   #   


type gauge

a special ruler used by printers and production staff, showing width in ems and points, used for calculating the width of a line or the depth of a page. Also called type scale (NOTE: The US term is line gauge.)  



Bookmark this page:


<< former term
next term >>
type family
type height


Other Terms : web folio | centre heading | consumer panel
Home |  Add new article  |  Your List |  Tools |  Become an Editor |  Tell a Friend |  Links |  Awards |  Testimonials |  Press |  News |  About
Copyright ©2009 All rights reserved.  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy  |  Contact Us